AIB College of Business considers intercollegiate athletics to be an integral part of the college experience and seeks to provide positive and enriching programs that compliment and reinforce the educational pursuits, academic success, and athletic excellence of student-athletes. The College embraces the concept that the student-athlete is first and foremost a student, while at the same time realizing the dividends gained through athletic competition. Integrity, sense of community, teamwork, camaraderie, sportsmanship, self-respect, self-confidence, leadership, and loyalty all enliven and enrich the life of each student who participates in intercollegiate athletics. The overriding goal of the department is to combine excellence in academic preparation with excellence in athletic competition. Therefore, the College is committed to the development and maintenance of an outstanding athletics program.
Philosophy & Objectives:
1. To recruit student-athletes who are academically prepared for college work and meet the published admissions standards of the College. The institution will provide the necessary resources, institute policies, and maintain procedures which will encourage full development of the academic potential of student-athletes.
2. To work cooperatively with academics in a manner that reinforces the best educational opportunities on behalf of the student-athlete's welfare. The College expects student-athletes to maintain progress towards graduation and satisfy standards as identified in the in College catalog.
3. To promote the student-athlete's personal development, including physical skills, cooperation, teamwork, sportsmanship, loyalty, and leadership abilities.
4. To employ competent coaches who promote high standards of integrity and ethical behavior as well as sportsmanship. All athletics personnel must maintain these high standards and comply with all rules and regulations of the NAIA and affiliated conferences.
5. To maintain equity and like standards of quality in both men's and women's athletic programs.
6. To provide facilities which will attract talented athletes and assist in the full development of their athletic potential.
7. To operate athletics at the highest possible level of excellence consistent with NAIA Division II standards.
8. To provide an activity and entertainment for the College community, alumni, and friends.
9. To maintain control of all donations and expenditures of funds generated by fundraising efforts through the standard procedures established by the College for all programs and accounts.